House gutters come in many varieties. Vinyl gutters are cheaper, but the seams can be known to cause leaks; therefore, many home owners choose seamless aluminum gutter installation.
Seamless gutters are the best option with multiple colors and widths, they are durable and the replacement cost is inexpensive, plus they are SO EASY TO MAINTAIN.
Seamless Gutter Price Per Foot Installed
The usual seamless gutter install consists of metal material, including corner pieces, downspouts, and hangers, plus the cost of labor for the gutter technician. A typical home uses about 140 feet of rain gutter with four corners & four downspouts. More complex homes may require additional aluminum gutter and connecting pieces.
Every 35 feet of gutter requires a downspout, along with a splash block or another means of pushing the water away from the foundation. The average home will need between 125 and 200 feet of aluminum gutter. Two-story homes will require longer downspouts. The only way to get an accurate price before having new seamless gutters replaced is to have a professional come out to do an on-site estimate.
Typically, the total cost of installing a seamless system is around $4.25 per linear foot for professional replacement in the Boise Nampa area.
Based on average estimates, it will take a two-man crew about three hours to install a new raingutter system on your home, so you can account for about 6 hours of labor.
Are Aluminum Gutters Worth It?
Seamless gutters are extruded from aluminum coils to fit the exact length needed for your roof. The only connecting points will be at the corners and at the downspouts, less joints– less leaks! Now sectional vinyl is less expensive than aluminum, but it does not have nearly as long of a lifespan. Galvanized steel is nice and sturdy, but it too will lose life and rust eventually.
Other considerations and costs
- More time will equal more labor cost. Any special requests or custom gutter needs will drive the price up.
- Permit fees and taxes are not included. Check with Boise or Nampa for permitting requirements and fees.
- PRO TIP: Don't go crazy on the color. Check with your Home Owners Association (HOA) for any rules or policies. Pick a color that blends or compliments your house and neighborhood.
- If more or less seamless material is needed, the cost will increase or decrease gutter cost per linear foot.
- If you have a two-story home, you may need longer downspout sections, increasing cost of aluminum.
- Custom homes, steep roofs, or unique architecture will take extra time and materials.
- Old gutter removal (if required) costs about 75 cents per square foot.
DIY Tips: Aluminum Raingutters
Seamless gutter installation is not a DIY project. Ladders, scaffolding, and other equipment are needed that could present safety risks. Most importantly, a true seamless installer, like a rain gutter contractor, uses a specialized machine. They extrude out the exact linear foot for each section of your home.
Your 25 year warranty will be void if not installed correctly. Beware.
Aluminum does NOT require much maintenance but it can dent or show wear. Be cautious of mowers, trailers, or other equipment if installing in a high traffic corner of the house or garage.
To keep your gutters in the best shape, you should also clean them a few times per year.